We all love to travel, but how much does our body love it? In this post I will cover what I have learned in regards to what our bodies are up against and what we can do to help mitigate the damage and stay healthy.
As an immigrant from Eastern Europe, I have been flying across the world for as long as I can remember. I took my first trip overseas when I was seven and by the age of 13 I was flying back and forth from the US to Europe by myself each summer to visit my family. Back then I didn’t give a thought to whether or not flying had any impact on my health. Once the jet lag wore off a couple of days after my arrival, I was running around, playing sports and having the time of my life!
More than 20 years later, this of course is a different story. As someone who is incredibly passionate about health and wellness, so much so that I made it a career for myself, I have studied every aspect of what can improve and cause harm to our health. Unfortunately, when it comes to travel and air travel especially, there are a lot of things that can create a state of disease in the body if we are not careful. That being said, there is a lot within our control so my intention behind writing this is not to scare you away from travel, rather it’s to empower you to take your health and well being into your own hands.
Below, I will share a list of the items I do for myself and recommend to clients before air travel. After each bullet point I’ve gone ahead and described my reasoning behind it. I have also recorded a YouTube video that outlines most of these steps and you can watch that here. Take with you what resonates and leave the rest behind. It doesn’t do you any good to stress over anything you feel you can not do so just focus on what you can and enjoy your travels 🙂
Here is my checklist of pre and post travel items that have always helped me to feel well, energized, and free of illness:
- I make sure to not book an early flight. I know this is not a popular opinion and most people like to fly early so they can get to their destination early, but hear me out. When you fly later in the day you can sleep in and not have to set your alarm. Proper sleep is critical for immune system functioning and the last thing you want to do when you sit on an airplane with poor air quality, lots of people coughing and sneezing, EMF radiation coming at you from all angles and damaging light is to have a compromised immune system. What good does it do to get somewhere early if you feel like crap when you get there! In addition to getting enough sleep, flying later in the day allows you to get sun exposure, grounding and exercise in before you have to catch your Uber to the airport.
- At least two days prior to air travel I eat only raw food. Most of you know I am vegan and eat a high raw diet normally but I make sure to stick to 100% raw and low fat the days leading up to travel. The reason behind this is that raw plant food contains the most antioxidants and life force energy. These components are critical to keep our cellular biology functioning at peak performance allowing cells to fight off oxidative stress which will increase while traveling. Additionally, these foods are much easier to digest and they help our organs eliminate waste and toxins. No other food does that.
- The day of travel I stick to my morning routine of drinking 24oz of fresh lemon water followed by 16-24oz of fresh celery juice upon waking. If you don’t already have a cold press juicer, I highly recommend it, you can get my juicer here, there is a discount attached in the link. After this, I go outside, walk barefoot and sun gaze for 15 minutes. This regulates my biology and syncs it with the natural rhythm of the Earth. After this I get a workout in, usually a 5k run with some strength training and stretching. Do what is best for your body, just remember that you will be sitting for a long time so a little cardio would really help. Following my workout I make myself a nutrient dense smoothie. If you need recipe inspiration, you can find my e-books here or in the recipe section on my website. After this is when I usually have to catch my Uber.
- When you get to the security checkpoint, if you have the time, ask to opt out of the radiation screening. Tell them you would like to be patted down instead. They call this, “opting out” and they have to honor your request. What will happen is they will open up another gate for you to walk through so you can bypass the radiation screening which is very harmful to your cells. Instead, you will be patted down by a security personnel. If you are a woman, you may have to wait a few minutes as there isn’t always a female security staff member present but it’s worth the wait.
- As for what I take to the airport, I recommend taking cut up lemon wedges and an empty water bottle. Once you have gone through security, go fill up your water bottle and squeeze the juice of the lemon wedges into your water. Be sure to wash your hands first. In addition to the lemons providing you with vitamins and minerals, they will inject life force energy into your water, essentially bringing it back to life and aiding your cells with a healing frequency. I also recommend taking raw fruits and vegetables such as apples, oranges, cut up cucumbers or zucchini to snack on if you get hungry. Airport and airplane food is pretty nutrient poor and you will have a very hard time finding organic produce. You could potentially get a smoothie or a juice at an airport these days but it will be very expensive and it will not be organic. I don’t recommend eating on the plane unless you absolutely need to or if it’s just raw fruit or vegetables. The reason for this is that we can not digest food properly when we are in the air, as human beings we are designed to be connected to the Earth. This is why so many people get constipated after flying.
- I also recommend taking with you a grounding mat which you can plug into any outlet both at the airport and on the plane. This device will help your body mitigate the radiation being emitted on the plane. Don’t worry, it’s not expensive and you can find it on Amazon, I have linked my store front where I have added it here. Additionally, if this isn’t too esoteric for you, you can ask the angels or your spirit guides to bathe you in purple light while on the plane and envision a bubble around you protecting you from the harmful frequencies. You can also wear EMF protective devices and put certain protective devices on your phone, computer and tablet. I am currently using Aires Tech devices and you can find them here.
- Abstain from drinking alcohol or caffeine both before and during the flight as they will lower your immune system and make you more susceptible to catching viruses from others on the plane. Try to not sit next to someone coughing or sneezing if you can help it and wash your hands immediately after getting off the plane.
- Once you get to your destination, repeat the grounding and sun gazing exercise I mentioned pre travel. This will help you adjust to your new time zone, syncing your circadian rhythm with the Earth’s.
- Try to rest as much as you can after arriving as your body was just exposed to a lot of radiation. Even if you were patted down, you were sitting next to others who were scanned and they were exuding radiation onto you. Additionally, your luggage was scanned and radiated as well. Unfortunately this radiation doesn’t leave your luggage and it’s best to dispose of your luggage after every couple of trips. For this reason I recommend not buying expensive luggage. Alternatively, if possible, you can leave your luggage outside in direct sunlight for a day. The sun is incredibly powerful and can pull the harmful radiation out of your luggage.
- Eat very nutrient dense your first couple of days at least and stay well hydrated. Getting outside into nature is also very beneficial and breathing in clean air is great as well.
That’s my flying protocol! Remember, this is not meant to scare you, just meant to inform you and empower you. Traveling is incredibly beneficial and fun, and we shouldn’t deprive ourselves of it. However in today’s world we must be smart and prioritize our health as much as possible. Control your controllables and leave the rest so you can focus on what brings you joy as that’s another key component of wellness.
I hope you found this helpful. Please, share and please follow me on my new Instagram account @edith_agoston_ . I lost my old account back in August along with more than 2,500 posts and almost 17k followers :/ It would mean the world to me if you could help me regrow my audience and if you have a subject you would like me to cover, don’t hesitate to let me know. I also offer one on one health coaching and can help people alleviate all types of chronic illness symptoms. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get right back to you.
Love – Edith